Tau-441 Preformed Fibrils
These preformed fibrils of tau-441 may be used as a model for the pathogenic form of tau in numerous tauopathies. Sourced from E. coli, tau-441 fibrils were prepared and confirmed by thioflavin assay and electron microscopy, which shows an average size ranging from 50nm-200nm. Applications of this product range from in vitro studies on fibril formation and stability 1 to in vivo studies on cellular uptake, cell viability and pathway activation 2. This product is also suitable for use in mouse models for studies involving memory, neuronal health, or seeding and prion like spreading 3. Recent assessment of the Amyloid hypothesis has led to the realization that wildtype tau is accumulated in various tauopathies including Alzheimer’s disease, Pick’s disease, and progressive supranuclear palsy among others. Applied to either in vivo or in vitro experiments, these fibrils may be utilized to investigate the mechanism of various tauopathies.
- Size: 50 µg
- Physical State: Liquid
- Temperature Storage: -80°C
- Temperature Shipping: Dry Ice
- Sequence:MAEPRQEFEV MEDHAGTYGL GDRKDQGGYT MHQDQEGDTD AGLKESPLQT PTEDGSEEPG SETSDAKSTP TAEDVTAPLV DEGAPGKQAA AQPHTEIPEG TTAEEAGIGD TPSLEDEAAG HVTQARMVSK SKDGTGSDDK KAKGADGKTK IATPRGAAPP GQKGQANATR IPAKTPPAPK TPPSSGEPPK SGDRSGYSSP GSPGTPGSRS RTPSLPTPPT REPKKVAVVR TPPKSPSSAK SRLQTAPVPM PDLKNVKSKI GSTENLKHQP GGGKVQIINK KLDLSNVQSK CGSKDNIKHV PGGGSVQIVY KPVDLSKVTS KCGSLGNIHH KPGGGQVEVK SEKLDFKDRV QSKIGSLDNI THVPGGGNKK IETHKLTFRE NAKAKTDHGA EIVYKSPVVS GDTSPRHLSN VSSTGSIDMV DSPQLATLAD EVSASLAKQG L
- Source: Recombinant. A DNA sequence encoding the human tau-441 (2N4R isoform) sequence was expressed in E. coli and was then made into preformed fibrils.
- Purity: >90% by SDS-PAGE
- Molecular Mass: N/A. See Estimated Size on Data Sheet
References<p>1. Paul A., et al., (2021) FEBS J. doi: 10.1111/febs.15741<br />
2. Wang, P., Ye, Y., (2021) Nat Commun., 12(1) : 95<br />
3. Veys, L., et al., (2021) Front Aging Neurosci., 12 : 614587</p>