Alpha-Synuclein Preformed Fibrils
These preformed fibrils of α-synuclein may be used as a model for the pathogenic form of α-synuclein in numerous neuropathies. Sourced from E. coli, α-synuclein fibrils were prepared and confirmed by thioflavin assay and electron microscopy. The fibrils can be used for either in vitro requirements such as fibril stability, drug design, aggregation studies, or treatment models. Applications for in vivo experiments include in vivo seeding experiments and preformed fibril injections. The use of these preformed fibrils for in vivo can be advantageous, due to the level of α-synuclein fibrils being more physiological than viral-based or transgenic methods. Alpha-synuclein preformed fibrils may also be used in the study of Parkinson’s Disease or Lewy Body Dementia.
- Size: 100 μg
- Physical State: Liquid
- Temperature Storage: -80°C
- Temperature Shipping: Dry Ice
- Sequence:MDVFMKGLSK AKEGVVAAAE KTKQGVAEAA GKTKEGVLYV GSKTKEGVVH GVATVAEKTK EQVTNVGGAV VTGVTAVAQK TVEGAGSIAA ATGFVKKDQL GKNEEGAPQE GILEDMPVDP DNEAYEMPSE EGYQDYEPEA
- Source: Recombinant. A DNA sequence encoding the human alpha-synuclein (1-140) sequence was expressed in E. coli and was then made into preformed fibrils.
- Purity: >95% by SDS-PAGE
- Molecular Mass: N/A. See Estimated Size on Data Sheet
References1. Li, J., et al., (2004) Chemistry & Biology 11 (11) : 1513-1521
2. Okuzumi, A., et al., (2018) Acta Neuropathol Commun 6 : 96