Beta-amyloid peptide (Abeta), the major constituent of amyloid plaques in the brains of Alzheimer’s patients, is thought to be the cause of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). AD is the most common neurodegenerative disease and afflicts about 10% of the population over 65. Recombinantly expressed and sourced from E. coli, rPeptide’s high quality beta-amyloid products offer batch-to-batch consistency and ultrapure starting material for your research needs. The TFA (trifluoro-acetic acid) counter-ion is a peptide which was lyophilized in a final solution containing TFA and is a popular choice for researchers wishing to build on previous studies using this same product.
- Size: 0.5 mg
- Physical State: White lyophilized powder
- Temperature Storage: -20°C
- Temperature Shipping: Ambient
- Sequence:D A E F R H D S G Y E V H H Q K L V F F A E D V G S N K G A I I G L M V G
- Source: Recombinant. A DNA sequence encoding the human beta-amyloid (1-37) sequence was expressed in E. coli
- Purity: >97% by Mass Spec.
- Molecular Mass: 4,074 Da theoretical
References1. Yankner, B., et al., (1990) Science, 250 : 279-282
2. Stine, W., et al., (2003) J. Biol. Chem, 278 : 11612-11622
3. Frank, R., et al., (2003) Neurobiology of Aging, 24 : 521-536
4. Gericke, C., et al., (2020) Front. Immunol., 11 : 1029