Beta-Amyloid (1-42) Preformed Fibrils
These preformed fibrils of beta-amyloid (1-42) may be used as a model for the pathogenic form of beta-amyloid (1-42) in numerous amyloidosis. Sourced from E. coli, these fibrils were prepared and confirmed by thioflavin assay and electron microscopy. The fibrils can be used for either in vitro experiments such as fibril stability, drug design, aggregation studies, or treatment models. Applications for in vivo experiments include in vivo seeding experiments and preformed fibril injections. Applied to either in vivo or in vitro experiments, these fibrils may be utilized to investigate the mechanism of various amyloid-related neurological disorders.
- Size: 500 µg
- Physical State: Liquid Solution
- Temperature Storage: -80°C
- Temperature Shipping: Dry Ice
- Sequence:D A E F R H D S G Y E V H H Q K L V F F A E D V G S N K G A I I G L M V G G V V I A
- Source: Recombinant. A DNA sequence encoding the human Beta-Amyloid (1-42)sequence was expressed in E. coli and was then made into preformedfibrils.
- Purity: >97% by Mass Spec.
- Molecular Mass: N/A. See Estimated Size on Data Sheet
1. Kollmer, M., et al., (2019) Nat Commun 10 : 4760
2. Lin, T., et al., (2017) PLoS ONE 12(3)
3. Wang, Q., et al., (2013) ACS Chem Neurosci 4(6) : 1004–1015.