N15 Beta-Amyloid (1-42), Uniformly Labeled
N15 uniformly labeled beta-amyloid peptide (A-beta). A-beta is the major constituent of amyloid plaques in the brains of Alzheimer’s patients, and is thought to be the cause of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). AD is the most common neurodegenerative disease and afflicts about 10% of the population over 60.
- Size: 0.1 mg
- Physical State: Clear, dry film
- Temperature Storage: -20°C
- Temperature Shipping: Ambient
- Sequence:D A E F R H D S G Y E V H H Q K L V F F A E D V G S N K G A I I G L M V G G V V I A
- Source: Recombinant. A DNA sequence encoding the human beta-amyloid (1-42) sequence was expressed in E. coli with N15 as the nitrogen source.
- Purity: >97% by Mass Spec.
- Molecular Mass: 4,569 Da theoretical
References<p>1. Yankner, B., et al., (1990) Science, 250 : 279-282<br />
2. Selkoe, D.J., (2001) Physiol. Rev, 81 : 741-766<br />
3. Stine, W., et al., (2003) J. Biol. Chem, 278 : 11612-11622<br />
4. Frank, R., et al., (2003) Neurobiology of Aging, 24 : 521-536</p>
Plasma metabolomics of presymptomatic PSEN1-H163Y mutation carriers: A pilot study.bioRxiv; doi: doi.org/10.1101/2020.05.16.093559..
A rationally designed bicyclic peptide remodels Aβ42 aggregation in vitro and reduces its toxicity in a worm model of Alzheimer’s disease.
Scientific Reports; doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-69626-3.
Trodusquemine enhances Aβ42 aggregation but suppresses its toxicity by displacing oligomers from cell membranesNature Communications; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-018-07699-5.
Probing the mechanism of inhibition of amyloid-β(1–42)–induced neurotoxicity by the chaperonin GroELPNAS; https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1817477115.
Elucidating the Aβ42 Anti-Aggregation Mechanism of Action of Tramiprosate in Alzheimer’s Disease: Integrating Molecular Analytical Methods, Pharmacokinetic and Clinical Data.Springer Link CNS Drugs; 10.1007/s40263-017-0434-z.
Reference measurement procedure for CSF amyloid beta (Aβ)1-42 and the CSF Aβ1-42 /Aβ1-40 ratio – a cross-validation study against amyloid PET.Journal of Neurochem.; doi: 10.1111/jnc.13838..
Capping of AÎ²42 oligomers by small molecule inhibitorsACS Publications; DOI: 10.1021/bi500910b.