While some fluorescent tau on the market uses intrinsic fluorescence and adds in tryptophan residues by mutations, rPeptide’s human tau-441 has been covalently labeled with Fluorescein Isothiocyanate and assayed for fluorescence. The FITC label has a maximum absorbance at 495 and a maximum emission at 525nm. This FITC labeled form of tau-441 is ideally suited to localization experiments, aggregation monitoring and binding kinetics without the need for mutations or further labeling.
- Size: 50 µg
- Physical State: Lyophilized powder
- Temperature Storage: -20°C
- Temperature Shipping: Ambient
- Sequence:MAEPRQEFEV MEDHAGTYGL GDRKDQGGYT MHQDQEGDTD AGLKESPLQT PTEDGSEEPG SETSDAKSTP TAEDVTAPLV DEGAPGKQAA AQPHTEIPEG TTAEEAGIGD TPSLEDEAAG HVTQARMVSK SKDGTGSDDK KAKGADGKTK IATPRGAAPP GQKGQANATR IPAKTPPAPK TPPSSGEPPK SGDRSGYSSP GSPGTPGSRS RTPSLPTPPT REPKKVAVVR TPPKSPSSAK SRLQTAPVPM PDLKNVKSKI GSTENLKHQP GGGKVQIINK KLDLSNVQSK CGSKDNIKHV PGGGSVQIVY KPVDLSKVTS KCGSLGNIHH KPGGGQVEVK SEKLDFKDRV QSKIGSLDNI THVPGGGNKK IETHKLTFRE NAKAKTDHGA EIVYKSPVVS GDTSPRHLSN VSSTGSIDMV DSPQLATLAD EVSASLAKQG L
- Source: Recombinant. A DNA sequence encoding the human tau-441 (2N4R isoform) sequence was expressed in E. coli and had FITC molecules attached for fluorescence. No his-tag.
- Purity: >90% by SDS-PAGE
- Molecular Mass: Approximately 46kD to 50kDa
References1. von Bergen, M., Li, L., & Mandelkow, E., (2015) Methods Mol Biol., 299 : 175-84
2. Radli, M., et al., (2017) bioRxiv 211904