Beta Amyloid (1-42), Aggregation Kit
Beta-amyloid (A-beta) has been long reported as the major constituent of amyloid plaques in the brains of Alzheimer’s patients, and is believed by many to be the cause of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). AD is the most common neurodegenerative disease and afflicts more than 10% of the population over 65. Recombinantly expressed and sourced from E. coli, rPeptide’s high quality beta-amyloid products offer batch-to-batch consistency and ultrapure starting material for your research needs. The beta-amyloid aggregation kit comes with the NH4OH counter-ion of the peptide, which is supplied as a stable monomer and can easily form aggregates in most experiments. Such methods can be used to study the kinetics, inhibition, and overall effects aggregation inhibiting compounds.
This kit allows researchers to monitor the properties of amyloid aggregation via Thioflavin T fluorescence assay, which also provides a way to test various compounds and methods of preventing aggregation.
- Size: 1.0 mg
- Physical State: White lyophilized powder
- Temperature Storage: -20°C
- Temperature Shipping: Ambient
- Source: Recombinant. A DNA sequence encoding the human beta-amyloid (1-42) sequence was expressed in E. coli
- Purity: >97% by Mass Spec.
- Molecular Mass: 4,514 Da theoretical
References1. Yankner, B., et al., (1990) Science, 250 : 279-282
2. Stine, W., et al., (2003) J. Biol. Chem, 278 : 11612-11622
3. Frank, R., et al., (2003) Neurobiology of Aging, 24 : 521-536
4. Selkoe, D.J., (2001) Physiol. Rev, 81 : 741-766
5. Benoit, S., (2020) Scientific Reports,11 : 6622