APP 669-711, NH4OH
Amyloid precursor protein (APP) is a membrane spanning protein that functions as the precursor to amyloid beta in plaques of Alzheimer’s disease patients. There are three major isoforms which have 695, 751, and 770 amino acids. The protein has a role in neuronal stem cell development, neuronal survival, neutrite outgrowth, and neurorepair. Recently, APP669-711 was shown to serve as a blood-based biomarker.
- Size: 1.0 mg
- Physical State: White lyophilized powder
- Temperature Storage: -20°C
- Temperature Shipping: Ambient
- Source: Recombinant. A DNA sequence encoding the human APP669-711 sequence was expressed in E. coli
- Purity: >97% by Mass Spec.
- Molecular Mass: 4,688 Da theoretical
References1. Dawkins, et al., (2014) J Neurochem., 129 (5) : 756-769
2. Nakamura, et al., (2018) Nature, 554 (7691) : 249-254